FixGuard ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the FixGuard company will be responsible for managing and processing your data as the data controller (the "Website", "We" or "Us" as applicable)
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is: Customer Services Team
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The Website may collect and process the following personal data:
- Information that you provide or have previously provided by filling in forms on our site http://www.fixguard.net (our site). This includes personal data, company details and other information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further goods or services, information you supply in course of using our products and services, or paying for our products and services (including payment card or other payment information). Please be aware that this may include company details, personal and sensitive data;
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, such as to report a problem with the Website, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any information contained in it.
- Details of any transaction you carry out through the Website(s);
- In case we request from you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
The Website may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to the Website’s advertisers, advisors and/or suppliers. This is statistical data about the Website’s users/subscribers browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The Website may obtain information about your general internet usage in order to distinguish you from other users of the Website by using a cookie. A cookie is a small text file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website and contain information that is transferred to your device’s hard drive. They help us to improve your experience of our site and to deliver a more personalized service.
Cookies enable us:
- To keep track of our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences in order to be able to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you as an individual user when you log on to the website
- To track the number of times you visit particular pages and how often you see particular content or information.
- To authenticate your account, thus to allow you to access specific areas of our website
To find out more about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org or you can search the web for other independent sources of information on cookies.
You always have the option to reject cookies by activating the relevant setting on your browser or you can delete them yourself. Please note that if you select this setting certain parts of our Website may not function properly and your user experience may be affected.
Our system will issue cookies by default when you log on to our site.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS STORED
The transfer, storage and processing of all information and personal data collected through the Website is secured by means of current, usual technical measures. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although the Website will do its best to protect all of your personal data and information, it cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where the Website has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Unless the Website explicitly agrees otherwise, the Website requires you not to share the password you have received with anyone and to inform the Website in case you believe that the security of the password has been compromised.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
The Website uses information made available by you in the following ways:
- To make sure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device.
- To be able to propose to you information and updates on products and services which the Website believes that may interest you, always with your consent, and also for direct marketing purposes by third parties.
- To carry out the obligations arising from any contract(s) between you and the Website and to provide any products and/or services requested by you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our offered service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to any of our products and/or services.
- To recognise you when you return to the Website
- To process payments and collection of payments.
- For the Website’s internal business operations.
If you are a registered user, the Website may from time to time contact you by post or electronic means (including but not limited to e-mail, phone call or SMS) with information about services which the Website believes may be of interest to you.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Where we use third parties to develop the site and/or maintain it and/or provide advertising/marketing and/or hosting or other technical services.
- If it is required to provide you with products and/or services that you have requested from the Website;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about our customers may be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; and
- In order to enforce or apply Our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. The Website will usually inform you (before collecting your data) in case the Website intends to use your data for such purposes or if the Website intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You have the right to add, amend, delete or update your personal data at any time by contacting the Website. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us via the details in the 'Contact' section below.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of the Website’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that the Website does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this Website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This Website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet the Website’s costs in providing you with details of the information the Website holds about you.